SHC's graduate students have elected to read a selection of work by our keynote speaker and commentators. We've pasted below the items selected, in case others wish to dive in too.
- Petryna, Adriana. 2007. "Clinical Trials Offshored: On Private Sector Science and Public Health." BioSocieties 2:21-40.
- Gieryn, Thomas. 2006. "City as Truth-Spot: Laboratories and Field-Sites in Urban Studies. Social Studies of Science 1:5-38.
- Murphy, Michelle. 2012. Seizing the Means of Reproduction: Entanglements of Feminism, Health, and Technoscience. Durham: Duke University Press, pp.1-24, esp. 1-14.
- Farquhar, Judith. 2012. "Knowledge in Translation: Global science, local things." In Lesley Green and Susan Levine, eds. Medicine and the Politics of Knowledge. 2012. Cape Town: Human Sciences Research Council Press, pp. 153-170.
- Medina, Eden and Ivan de Costa Marques and Christina Holmes. 2014. Introduction to Beyond Imported Magic: Essays on Science, Technology, and Society in Latin America (MIT 2014), esp.pp. 1-11.